Tech Tips: Privacy - You are Being Tracked. Deal With It.
Your every move is being tracked. Get used to it. Tracking will only become more widespread in the coming years. On the Web, your clicks inform the marketing engine that supports free Internet services. Your smartphone tracks every move you make. Google, Amazon, and Facebook know which websites you have visited, which stores you have spent money at, and more.
Don’t like being tracked? Unplug or fight back. We will look at settings, tools, and techniques you can use to project your privacy:
Turning on privacy settings for Google, Amazon, and Facebook accounts
- Using “private" search tools
- Disabling location tracking
- Safeguarding your financial data
- Sending encrypted messages
- Secure surfing on Public WiFi with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
No registration necessary. Join us!